As Facebook comes under tough scrutiny lately and Mark Zuckerberg has to apologise to the world, Silicon Valley and technology companies are making the headlines again. The road to stardom is not smooth but it requires more checks and balances and ultimate accountability as the Silicon Valley behemoths clearly can influence users in surreptitious ways.
Artificial intelligence is what many companies in the valley like Facebook, Google and Microsoft are chasing frantically. "AI is the brains of the future and data is the new oxygen", Stanford University professor Dr. Burton Lee .
So what makes Silicon Valley different and why is everyone racing to learn about innovation from them?
- They build and grow companies to a global level faster – and more efficiently – than anywhere else in the world
- They create more new jobs and industries – faster – than anywhere globally
- They look for and reward disruptive ideas, technologies, teams and intellectual property that can be scaled globally
- They do world class research and technology development
- They design, build and manufacture great technology products and services
Silicon Valley is where the world learns first many (but not all) new approaches to innovation!